While growing, every company faces the challenge of continuing operations and scaling with the confidence of working with the most qualified and experienced team. Any leakage in that aspect, can lead the company to fail or have reprocesses, expressed in money.
That’s when nearshoring makes sense. Hiring an external company in a nearby country can solve that issue, the United States and Canada represent the largest source of outsourcing initiatives, which is why nearshoring is an opportunity to offer high-quality services, with the benefits of cultural proximity, time zone and money saving in terms of the hiring process.
Specially in Colombia this kind of deals between companies are taking a big relevance during the past 10 years, according to the director of AmCham Colombia (American Chamber of Commerce), María Claudia Lacouture, almost 450 U.S. companies in Colombia generate around 100 thousand direct and indirect jobs. Between 2010 and 2020, foreign direct investment from the U.S. to the country amounted to US$25,148 million, 17.7% of the total investment that came to the country in that decade. By sector, 30% of the projects are in 4.0 industries.
However, it is important to also take into account some other facts when letting an external company into your business. Naturally, entrepreneurs may simply rely on what they already know, even if that means losing the opportunity to focus more on their ideas than on the workforce. That’s when understanding their needs, creating a customized and tailored plan, having clear communication and a transparent relationship becomes very relevant. Let us tell you how, at Ceiba, we accelerated your nearshore project.
We often asked why our client relationships are so strong and long term Over the years, at Ceiba, we have developed strategies that allow us to fill positions at our clients to join existing development teams with the skill sets that are needed at the time they are needed.
How do we accomplish this?
- We have implemented strategies to understand our client’s business process and the needs they have for their company with a deep analysis and inception. After we study the case, we are able to enter the project quickly and effectively.
- Also, we know that in the technology industry there are new tools every day on which our customers are relying to automate and optimize their own processes; that’s why this is always present in our technological radar; we know that developers are not always going to know all the tools, languages or problem-solving skills. For this reason we have a fast and effective training processes at a technical level to cover the gaps the talent may have, or even improve their skills at a technical and essential level.
- On the other hand, we have a strategy of accompaniment, with which we seek to ensure the quality of the products made by our developers, always complying with security, safety and a set of technical practices and soft skills: agilism (scrum, DevOps), innovation, continuous improvement, rigorous safety, and quality standards, implementing ethical hacking.
- In addition, we have a company with more than 600 people willing to help when someone has a problem, everyone will always have the support of a great team full of talent and knowledge, always ready to help.
- Our transparency
- Last but not least, our culture and idiosyncrasy makes us the best allies for our clients, we are people who are always willing to help, and we are working side by side with the client to achieve their goals (which are ours, too). Additionally, we have some help from an exceptional time zone that has allowed us to work with clients in Latin America and Europe.
By complying with these specific 6 items, aligned with our values, we are pretty confident that we have what’s needed to be your next software development nearshoring partner, giving you the greatest participation and closeness to every strategy created for you, fast-tracking your ideas to success.